Friday, October 06, 2006

Opium + Shalimar =........


I made a perfume for the birthday of my sister in law. She and also her husband my brother love the perfume Opium from Yves Saint Laurent. So I thought it would be a nice idea to make a perfume in the style of Opium. Although it' s not my favorite perfume because somehow it doesn't work on me like I have with other nice perfumes like Angel, I like the smell of it. I actually combined two styles of fragrances; Opium and Shalimar by Guerlain.

Shalimar is a sweet sensual animalic perfume that is based on Coumarin(a substance of Tonka bean), vanilla; Guerlain used the synthetic Ethyl vanillin, Linalool(a substance from Rosewood), Civet and Bergamot. I just love this perfume and I know my sister in law loves it also. I combined these notes with some spicy notes just like Opium has, like Clove bud oil and Coriander and a Lilly of the Valley note and of course Patchouli. To soften the Patchouli I used a little Cashmeran and I used a peachy note coming from Aldehyde C14. I added wonderful woody notes like Cedar, Sandal and Guiacwood, and warm amber notes like Labdanum absolute and Ambrettolide, and sensual musky notes coming from Exaltolide and Galaxolide. I added a little Jasmine and Rose to give it some flowery notes.

The result is lovely it's warm, sweet, ambery and spicy, I made it as a perfume extract, now I have to wait and see if she likes it. Tomorrow I will give it to her.....

2 comments:

chayaruchama said...

Lieve Jenny-
That sound wonderful... I hope she gets as much pleasure From wearing it as you obviously got from creating it for her !

The autumn gardens must be lovely there-

Be well ,my friend-

Dikke Kus !

Jenny said...

Hi Idaatje, I'm just back and she loved the perfume. She liked that it has some "surprises" like she called it, every time she smelled it the perfume softly changed.
The weather here is really strange sometimes I think the autumn started and sometimes the weather is just lovely. Some days you still can sit outside.
I love it that we have seasons because of the changing nature but I don't like the cold and wet weather.
Dikke kus